This website is operated by Social Pip. The privacy of my users is extremely important to me and therefore I encourage all users to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information regarding:
• who I am;
• how and why I collect, store, use and share personal information;
• your rights in relation to your personal information; and
• how to contact me and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who I Am
Pippa Akram (‘I’ and ‘my’) collects, uses and is responsible for storing certain personal information about you. When I do so, I am regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and I am responsible as a 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information I collect and use
a. Personal information you provide to us
I collect the following personal information that you provide to me:
Name, contact numbers and email address
Some examples of when I collect this information include when you:
• enquire about my service offering
• order my products or services
• sign up to my newsletter
• request resources be sent to you
b. Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give me information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you:
• shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data;
• shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf; and
• shall consent on their behalf to the transfer of their personal data abroad.
How I use your personal information
I collect information about my users for the following purposes:
• to manage enquiries
• share marketing communication with you
Who your information may be shared with
I may share your information withlaw enforcement agences in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity.
I will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties.
How long your personal information will be kept
I will hold your personal information for up to 6 years.
Reasons I can collect and use your personal information
I rely on the following as the lawful basis on which I collect and use your personal information:
(2). legal obligation.
Keeping your information secure
I have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way.
While I will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact me using the details below.
Newsletter subscriber data
I use MailerLite to manage my email marketing subscriber list and to send emails to my subscribers. MailerLite is a third-party provider, which may process your data using industry-standard technologies to help me monitor and improve my newsletter.
You can unsubscribe from my newsletter by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each newsletter.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
I will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
Children and the validity of consent
Where I obtain consent from any user I will take reasonable steps to ascertain whether the user is over 13 years of age and whether the child is sufficiently informed to give valid consent. If the user is not, parental consent will be required to provide consent for the processing of any personal information.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how I use your use personal information
• access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
• require me to correct any mistakes in your information which I hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
• receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to me, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
• object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
• object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
• object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
• otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) on individual's rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
• email, call or write to me
• let me have enough information to identify you
• let me have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
• let me know the information to which your request relates
From time to time I may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
How to complain
I hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about my use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information I hold about you, please contact me by:
1 Amelia Cottages, Woolgrove Road, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG4 0AT
Calls will be answered at the following times:
Monday - Friday 0800 - 1800